How to Hide Clutter
Ever wonder how you got so much “stuff”? Your clutter may add up fast, but there are strategic ways you can hide it. Here are 8 ways you can hide your clutter:
- Landing zone. Do you walk in the door from a long day and just drop your stuff? Add a storage bench in your entry way/mud room to keep your stuff organized and out of the way. For more ideas on entry way/mud rooms, follow us on Pinterest.
- Clear the counters. Don’t let your stuff pile up on your counter space. Clean out your cabinets and see if you can add items in there.
- Add storage baskets. There are clever ways to add storage space that look like décor. Add a storage basket or trunk to store items like blankets, remotes and more.
- Style bookcases. Don’t fill your bookcases to the max — they will look stuffed and full of clutter. Accessorize lightly and stack books in unique patterns.
- Downsize. Go through your things and see if there’s anything you do not use anymore. You will gain more storage space.
- Organize your closet. There are plenty of ways you can organize your closet! From hanging items backward and changing them forward when you use it, using a closet organizer, grab a fancy shoe box — get creative! For more ideas, follow us on Pinterest.
- Recycle your magazines and newspapers. Go through your mail and file what you need to save, recycle what you don’t need.
- Clean your medicine cabinet. Check the expiration date on your medicine and toss/recycle. Add organization cubes, bring in color with new paint!
Enjoy your home and remove the clutter. Visit us on Pinterest for more fun storage ideas!